Following the great example of and supported by (see rep) Chicken Nugget's (original) Hat Bank: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/248254,
I started a:
Uncraft Hat Bank v1.1
Some people just don't have the metal funds (yet) to buy all kinds of fancy hats, but uncraft hats aren't that expensive.
Now you have a place where you can get uncraft hats for a small fee, just like the original hat bank.
And who doesn't want a cool hat? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZouYNu3Z6k&feature=BFa&list=LL7VyON1TN84wMLjVB9o63_A
Be warned that I hold the right to reject a trade - this bank is to get less wealthy people hats, not for people with unusuals e.g. to trade a batter's helmet for a blighted beak as to make a profit.
All available hats are on page 7 and 8 of my bp: http://www.tf2outpost.com/backpack/40902
===== [The hat of your choice] FOR [any uncraft hat of yours] + [1 scrap] * =====
* If you want a higher class hat (see below), you must also add the additional difference.
* If you give me a higher class hat, you do not need to add the 1 scrap fee
* Please do not only dump class 0 hats into the bank, otherwise this well will run dry quickly.
* The metal that is earned by the bank, goes bank into the bank. ;)
--------------------------------------------------------- OR ---------------------------------------------------------
You can buy any hat with metal!
The following hats are considered class 0: Prussian Pickelhaube, Professional Panama, Batter's Helmet, Glenarry Bonnet, Respectless Ruber Glove, Pyro Beanie, Football Helmet - costs 1 reclaimed
The following hats are considered class 1: Demoman's Fro, Texas Slim Dome Shine, Baseball Bill's Sports Shine, Alien Parasite, Mining Light, Tyrant's Helmet, Fancy Fedora, Soldier Stash, Trophy Belt, Bonk Helm, and Texas Ten Gallon - costs 5 scraps
Every hat that is worth clean 1.33 (Check http://www.tf2spreadsheet.blogspot.nl/
) is considered class 2 as uncraft hat - costs 2 reclaimed
For every hat that is worth 1 reclaimed above 1.33: +1 scrap
Per 2 reclaimed steps of paint value: +1 scrap
Double paints: +1 scrap
Level 42 or Level 100: +1 scrap
Misc (instead of hat): +1 scrap
If you are confused, feel free to ask
I am aware that this formula tends to become invalid with highly conveted uncrafts like the Team Captain or Last Breath - I do not expect these hats to appear often in the bank for that very reason. It has happened before, but I assume it will be very rare.
If you want to sell a hat for metal than I refer you to the buying thread here: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/2639433
If you want to make your hat all the more unique, why not visit the tag bank at http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/3332281
Open since 05-06-2012 (3 1/2 months)
Transactions so far: 311 + 40 (used to get a scammer, we just need valve to restore them ;))
Hats in the bank: 0
No. of different hats (incl. painted): 0
1) Largest trade in one go: 10 hats
2) Made already 2 transactions before the bank got started actually - not counted in statistics above
3) Donated hats count: 18 ( NoSkill, 42oSmokehaze, L1NC5, Jokerman [TR], Mazqu,Gatherix, Thinch, Jonnekuningas)45) If you post in this trade, I will reserve a hat for you (good for you for reading the whole thing) ;)
5) I operate at +1 GMT, have a full time job, and other hobbies. Bare with me if I don't react immediatly. I apoligize for any inconvience.